If you’re ready for fast-paced, in-your-face action then layout hunting is made for you! You sit, completely hidden, as the ducks toll and actually land on you. No other duck hunting style compares to layout hunting. On the large waterways that dominate North Carolina’s eastern region, seaduck hunting gives you a picturesque dawn. The beautiful landscape is only broken by waves of ducks and shotgunning frenzy. Silhouetted against the glowing dawn, tolling ducks seem larger than real life. (Or maybe that’s just because they’re so close!) Being a NC Layout Boat Hunting Guide is tough work, but somebody has to do it!
Our NC layout boat hunting trips place you directly in the decoy spread. Our NC duck hunting guides are operating a “tender boat” from a couple hundred yards away. We are in constant radio contact. If you need anything, we are never more than a few seconds away. When you knock down ducks, we hurry over to pick them up. When we have large groups of layout hunters, we take turns in the layouts to make certain that each hunter gets ample first-class gunning time.
We use Ron Bankes layout boats. They are designed to take rough water conditions. They are surprisingly stable, roomy, and comfortable. Nearly every layout boat hunter we carry comments about their surprising amount of room and on-water sturdiness. If you’ve ever thought of booking a North Carolina layout boat duck hunting trip, you will have a blast with us!
Our professional and experienced layout boat hunting guides have been shooting ducks from a layout boat for years. We are fully-licensed, U.S. Coast Guard-certified captains who, also, have ample training to ensure you have a safe and fun NC duck hunting trip.
Check out these pictures—layout hunting’s concealment is second-to-none:
I can’t think of a more exciting experience than having a flock of 40 bluebills swing by, turn once, and make a missile-like assault on your decoy spread. I offer diver hunts and seaduck hunts, depending what’s either in season or more abundant. We have been doing this for a long time. Come let us apply our layout boat hunting experience and shoot some ducks with us today. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time. You can check dates and availability online. I look forward to showing you how much fun NC layout boat duck hunting is!
What To Bring:
- Cold Weather Camo Gear (We often travel over open water to reach the hunting destinations. These rides can be quite chilly. Dress more warmly than required. You can always remove layers if you’re too warm.)
- Shotgun (12 ga. is preferred)
- Non-toxic shotshells (Use either # 2 shot, # 1 shot, or BB shot. Three (3) boxes is preferred)
- Waders (I’ll let you know if waders are required.)
- Face Mask
- Drinks, Sandwiches, Snacks, etc. If possible, I’ll cook breakfast. Sometimes the method we are hunting prevents cooking, but I’ll do it if I can!
- Rain Jacket (even if the weatherman says no rain in forecast)
- Appropriate Licensing (I will help arrange this too. It’s super easy.) Click Here to visit NC’s Online Licensing Page. (Click the yellow-highlighted link near the top left corner to purchase your license online.